Among the main reasons players love Sims games is the variety of characters’ personality traits and how they affect gameplay. Sometimes, you may not like the traits you have chosen. Let us help you if you want to change them.
This guide explains how to change traits in The Sims 4 while creating a Sim and afterward, both with and without cheats. Additionally, we will answer some of the most frequently asked questions about The Sims 4 traits.
Table of Contents
Changing Traits on PC, XBOX, or PS4
The process of changing a character’s traits after it has been created isn’t that easy for players who don’t want to use cheats. You can do this on a PC, Xbox, or PS4 by following these steps:
- Earn 5000 Satisfaction Points. By collecting whims or using cheats, you can accomplish this.
- Re-Traiting Potion can be purchased in the Rewards Store.
- Take the potion. Select the traits you’d like to change from the pop-up window.
How to Change Traits in The Sims 4 With a Cheat on a PC
You can change your Sim traits without collecting points by using cheats. Follow these instructions on a PC:
- Enter testingcheats by pressing Ctrl + Shift + C on your keyboard.
- Enter cas.fulleditmode.
- To close the cheat input box, press Esc on your keyboard.
- You can change a Sim’s traits by holding Shift and clicking on it.
- In CAS, select Modify.
- You can edit any trait in the Create a Sim menu.
You can edit any trait in the Create a Sim menu.
How to Change Traits in The Sims 4 With a Cheat on Xbox and PS4
Using cheats to edit Sim traits on consoles is only slightly different from editing them on PC. The following steps will guide you through using cheats on Xbox One and PlayStation 4:
- Hold R1/RB, R2/RT, L1/LB, and L2/LT at the same time.
- Enter testingcheats and press Enter.
- You can edit the traits of a Sim by pressing R1/RB, R2/RT, L1/LB, and L2/LT simultaneously.
- Select Enter after typing cas.fulleditmode.
- Change the desired traits in CAS by selecting Modify.
How to Choose Traits in The Sims 4 CAS Mode
You can pick traits in the Create a Sim mode by following these steps:
- You can enter the CAS mode either by creating a new Sim or by using a cheat code.
- Once you have chosen your Sim’s name, age, and gender, the traits menu will appear.
- To see all options, click on the trait hexagons.
- Choose the traits you want. By clicking the dice icon, you can pick them at random.
You can’t choose traits that are mutually exclusive.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to some of the most common questions about traits in Sims 4 in this section.
It is currently not possible to change traits through the MC Command Center. MCCC will not be worked on until the game developers implement a new UI element.
Once you have created a character, you cannot change their traits unless you take a Re-Traiting Potion or use cheats. CAS mode sometimes does not allow you to change traits – this usually occurs when you are using Story Mode. Character traits are determined by your answers to a quiz. The Story Mode, however, also allows you to change traits using cheats.
Sims 4 has four types of traits: personality, death, bonus, and reward. Personality traits include emotional, hobby, lifestyle, and social characteristics. Sims’ death traits determine how they will die and how they will act as ghosts. There are different bonus and reward traits, which are mainly based on a Sim’s abilities. As an example, a character can learn how to act or improve relationships with animals.
For an adult Sim, you can select three personality traits, for a teen, two traits, and for a child or toddler, only one trait. In the future, you will be able to select more traits for your children Sims as they grow up. Characters can select bonus traits along with their aspirations. It is possible to choose only one bonus trait, and it cannot be changed later. Only one death trait can be chosen per character upon death. There is no limit to the rewards traits.
Customize Your Sim as You Wish
It is now possible to change your Sim’s traits at any point in the game with the help of our guide. As time passes, characters may change, just like real people. Making each Sim unique is what makes the game so enjoyable.
Which Sims traits are your favorites and least favorites? To change traits, do you prefer cheats or to play fair and buy the Re-Traiting Potion? Let us know what you think in the comments section.